Welcome to My DIY Family!
Yes, this is the fun stuff… a lot of yada yada yada legal stuff, but it must be done. The short and sweet of it is
- I hate spam… you hate spam… we all hate spam. You won’t get any from us.
- We will never use your personal information in an unethical way for our personal gain.
- Do not publish My DIY Family’s content or photos as your own.
- Give credit where credit is due by linking back to My DIY Family when content is used appropriately
- Yes, I do participate in affiliate programs and may get compensated if you purchase a product/service through my link.
- No, I would NEVER recommend a product/service that I don’t use just to get compensated.
- Even though it is REALLY long, there is nothing crazy or out of the norm in here.
Soooo without further ado… please enjoy 😉
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of My DIY Family’s website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use My DIY Family’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Unless otherwise stated, My DIY Family and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on My DIY Family All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://MyDIYFamily.com/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://MyDIYFamily.com/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://MyDIYFamily.com/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://MyDIYFamily.com/
Redistribute content from My DIY Family (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. My DIY Family does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of My DIY Family, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws My DIY Family shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- My DIY Family reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to My DIY Family a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
Any link leading back to our website should abide by the following: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses; (b)the person/organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of My DIY Family; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
You may also link to our home page, to publications or to other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our webpages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
Your privacy is very important to us.
Like most website operators, My DIY Family collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. My DIY Family’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how My DIY Family’s visitors use its website. From time to time, My DIY Family may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
My DIY Family also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://www.MyDIYFamily.com/ blog posts. My DIY Family only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to My DIY Family’s websites choose to interact with My DIY Family in ways that require My DIY Family to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that My DIY Family gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for our newsletter at http://www.MyDIYFamily.com/ to provide their name and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Occasionaly My DIY Family may reference or link to affiliate businesses and/or websites. My DIY Family may receive some form of compensation for your participation and/or purchases through such links. We will only promote businesses and/or websites that we feel are appropriate and would be beneficial to our readers. My DIY Family will never promote an product/service/business that we have not used ourselves. In addition, we may receive products/services for free in exchange for our opinions or review. We will always give our honest opinions, good or bad.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
My DIY Family discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on My DIY Family’s behalf or to provide services available at My DIY Family’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using My DIY Family’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. My DIY Family will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, My DIY Family discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when My DIY Family believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of My DIY Family, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of http://www.MyDIYFamily.com/ and have supplied your email address, My DIY Family may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with My DIY Family and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. My DIY Family takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
My DIY Family may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. My DIY Family may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, My DIY Family does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, My DIY Family uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
If you have made it this far, then give yourself a pat on the freaking back! Phew! I told you… nothing crazy ;).